Healthy Lunch Box Ideas
In providing our services, we understand the emotional attachment of your children to you and we know that deciding to use childcare is a hard decision to take, but we are here to help. Early Childhood research tells us that by the age of three, when 90% of a child’s brain is formed, participation in activities that stimulate learning and socially interacting with other children is critical. An early learning centre provides the best combination for the development of your child’s potential.
Dreamtimes Childcare provides a perfect learning environment for your children to grow both in the centre as well as at home with the family. We deeply believe in education being a partnership with our families and are committed to building a safe and nurturing environment that children look forward to learning within and then look to share with their families.
Children are the main reason for what we do. We consider the families as our primary partner that we serve. Our Educators are passionate about providing an enriched learning environment that supports each child’s learning and development, helping them to reach their full potential.
The centre offers 5 large playrooms operating for children in the following age groups:
- Yanada Studio (Nursery): 0 – 15 months
- Walan Studio (Toddler): 15 months – 2 years
- Balam Studio (Junior Kindy): 2 – 3 years
- Guwing Studio (Pre-Kindy): 2.5 – 4.5 years
- Birrung Studio (Kindergarten): 4 – 5+ years
Our educators provide a developmentally appropriate, fun yet challenging program for their age group. We also ensure that our programs are inclusive, embrace multiculturalism (religion, customs and food) and are gender neutral.
We utilise the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), a part of the Australian Government’s National Quality Framework. This focuses on the practices, principles, and outcomes that enhance and support your children to learn till they transition to primary school. We recognise the importance of language, communication, emotional and social development and we implement these by applying play-based learning. The Educators in our centres apply EYLF in their programs and help children to develop:
- A smart sense of identification
- A sense of connectivity with the world
- Sensibility about well-being
- Involvement and confidence in their learning
- Expertise in communication skills
As well as implementing the EYLF, our service is approved to provide a kindergarten program under the Queensland Guidelines. Our kindergarten program is delivered by a Bachelor-trained Early Childhood Teacher and focuses on providing an enriched learning environment to prepare children for school.
The program will:
- Be essentially child initiated where appropriate
- Cover all areas of the whole child’s development
- Encourage independence and self-help skills
- Provide self-selected, self-paced activities and routines which meet individual needs and interests, and enable all children to experience success
- Provide individual, group, inside and outside activities
- Provide quiet and active activities
- Provide an opportunity for individuals/small and large group activities
- Provide opportunities for small and large muscle activities
- Offer both planned and spontaneous activities
- Offer smooth transitions through the day
- Include rest time, which is age appropriate
- Provide flexibility in toileting and care routines
- Encompass hygiene and safety issues
- Encourage understanding of nutrition
- Offer opportunities for the children to be exposed to a wide variety of visitors and excursions
The centre does not currently provide a bus service.
Dreamtimes Childcare has a staff of diverse, qualified, and trained educators to care for children from newborns through to Kindergarten.
We also strongly value ongoing training. We offer for our staff a variety of professional development training courses, in-house and external, to further their skills and ensure that they are aware of best practices around the country. In doing this, we provide our Educators with all of the tools and resources required to best serve you and your children.
Parents are an important part of our community and we welcome their involvement and input. We have a number of special days where parents can be part of our centre for the day. These include Mother’s and Father’s day morning teas, open days, and Christmas parties. We welcome parents to be involved with life at the centre; please reach out anytime to come by Dreamtimes Childcare.